- Explain how personal information and data related to the users of this Service are collected, used, and disclosed by LinuxPit and data controller (“LinuxPit,” “we,” “our”) during the use of the Service.
- Show you the options you can adopt in favor of or against those collected data.
- Explain how data is kept safe and our rights to use and utilize that data.
What You Accept by Using or Accessing our Site?
The use or access by you in our Site declares you have accepted the following:
- Any Other Policies, announcements, notices mentioned or published in the Site
- The collection and use of your personal information in the described way of the policy
Data Collection- What and Why?
You should not upload mages with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) to the website as the location data may be subjected to download and extraction by the visitors of the website.
You may come across a request to provide some data (“Personal Data”)that helps us to contact or personally identify you. Your email address, name including first and last one, cookies, and usage data are the information we may ask from you during the time you use our Service.
We may also collect the information regarding the way of accessing the Service and method of use. Following are the information we may collect which are related to this issue:
- Computers IP Address
- Type and Version of the Browser
- Pages you visit of our Service
- Time and Date of your Visit
- The time duration of your visit
- Unique Device Identifiers
- Other diagnostic data
Tracking and Cookies Data
Some information from the visitors like IP address, browser type, and version, date and time stamp, referring or exit pages, total click(s), Internet Service Provider are the things that the log files collect. However, information collected by log files is not any information that can personally identify the visitor.
Hosting companies uses log files intending to analyze trends, track the movement of the users on the page, analyzing and collecting demographic information, and administering the Site.
DoubleClick DART Cookie
DART cookies are the cookies used by Google. Google uses these cookies intending to advertise on our Site for visitors. Our Site is also using DART Cookies as Google is our third-party vendor. You, as a visitor, always have the choice not to use DART cookies by visiting Google ads.
If you pass comment, you will get the option to provide your name, email address, and website in cookies so that you can continue commenting without doing the same repeatedly. However, the tenure of these cookies is one year.
The account holders in our Site will receive temporary cookies once they log in. These personal data fewer cookies find the suitability of acceptance of cookies of the users’ browsers. Once the user closes the browser, cookies also retire.
To save a little information like login and screen choices, we shall set some cookies. The tenure of login cookies is two days and gets removed once logged out. Selecting “Remember Me’ keeps the login information for two weeks. Screen choice cookies persist for one year.
Your browser will save personal data-less cookies once you edit or publish an article to indicate the post ID of these articles. The tenure of lasting these cookies is one day.
Embedded Content from other Websites
Sharing and Using of Collected Data
The aim of collecting data from you are as fol:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and notify the changes of our Service by analyzing different information.
- To activate the interactive participation of the visitors with their consent.
- To aid the customers’ problems and provide support.
- To identify and solve technical issues as well as notifying the users.
- To analyze, observe, and track the usage of the Service.
How long we Retain Your Data
Once you comment, the data and metadata of the comment remain forever till the time you by yourself delete. This data helps us to identify you as an older user when you comment for the next time and ease our work to approve you repeatedly.
The person’s profile also records personal information provided by any user (if registered). They have the access and scope to change, edit, delete and modify their data if they wish. However, the username cannot be changed. The administrators of the website also enjoy the authority to see and edit that information.
Your Rights Over Data
You can always ask for the data that you have provided to us if you are the owner of any account on this website or have passed any comment earlier. You also have the right to ask for erasing any personal data provided by you and in our possession. However, these do not include data that are for administrative, legal, and security purposes.
Where we send your data
Firstly, if you leave a comment, then an automated service may check your comment to detect spam. The information you provide (including personal data) may is sent and maintained in the computers which are outside your location, state, country, or government jurisdiction with different data protection laws than your one.
Disclosure of Data
The data you provide to us may be disclosed to any third parties if the following conditions:
- Once you agree to provide, i.e., with your consent
- If necessity arises to protect us, others, or our rights, and against any legal liability.
- To comply with laws and regulations
- If any wrongdoing happens with the Service and investigation is necessary for the prevention of such wrongdoing.
- To protect this Site users’ safety
How we protect your data
The importance of security to the information that you provide is one of our primary concerns. But, a promise for a hundred percent guarantee is not possible though we use the best ways and means that are acceptable and commercial to ensure the protection of your data.
Some third-party companies and individuals have access to the personal data that you provide to us. They take it for performing some tasks to improve our Service or any other service-related functions. However, they are fully obliged to us for not disclosing and using any data for any other purpose that we don’t allow.
Links to Other Site
We do not aim children (under 18 years old) at our Service. If anyone is under 18 years old, then without the consent of the parents, we do not collect any data from them. If any child provides data without parents’ permission and we come to know, we take immediate action to remove that data.